We stand with the international community in calling for peace!
We are raising money to implement important aid measures and support both local Ukrainian families and refugees seeking refuge in neighboring countries – for example, by providing them with food, accommodation and means of communication.
We will keep you updated here regarding where we direct these funds.
German Red Cross
More than €1 million have already been donated to the German Red Cross as emergency humanitarian aid. The focus of the emergency relief measures is currently first aid, distribution of relief goods & emergency supplies for refugees as well as monetary assistance. In addition, the Red Cross supports evacuation, with a focus on evacuation of children and people with disabilities.
Supported initiatives on site & in neighboring countries
Emergency aid measures in Ukraine as well as in neighboring countries (Provision of food, emergency shelters, hygiene kits, psycho-social care)
Provision of emergency shelters, food and drinking water for refugees through local partners in neighboring countries
Provision of personalized prostheses for amputation victims in Ukraine: The TrueLimb prostheses are developed and 3D printed with the support of Siemens software. In partnership with the Singularity Group, the initiative brings next-generation prosthetic solutions to the people of Ukraine who need them most.
Find out more here.
Support of the “Luftbrücke” between Moldova and Germany for the evacuation of refugees
Immediate support for those affected as well as for firefighters operating under most difficult conditions in Ukraine with equipment and vehicles
Purchase and shipment of medical and humanitarian goods to Ukraine
Provision of medicine and other medical supplies for the hospital in Wischgorod
- Supporting families in Ukraine and enabling them to get safely to their relatives and new homes in Poland and across Europe.
- Relieving the imminent pressure on refugee camps.
- Moving vulnerable groups and individuals from the border and refugee camps throughout Europe.
Support for people with disabilities and their families fleeing Ukraine & accommodation in barrier-free shelters
Supported initiatives in Ukraine
Support for Ukrainian citizens affected by the war:
• providing stable food and water supply
• sanitation and hygiene promotion
• securing of temporary shelters/ accommodations
• providing non-food items
- Supplying children and caregivers with necessary medical services via emergency medical services, critical medicines, health supplies and equipment.
- Supporting the resumption of health services in local health facilities, including primary healthcare in communities and through mobile health teams.
Supported initiatives in Germany
Provision of notebooks, tablets and cell phones (incl. SIM cards) for refugees to enable them to communicate with their families
Courses for overcoming trauma through music for Ukrainian refugees
Mobile medical care for refugees in Berlin
Accommodation of Ukrainian refugees
Language services for Ukrainian children via web-based online solution
Housing equipment for 11 refugee families
Provision of PoC antigen tests for refugee reception centers in Germany to guarantee a safe procedure in times of Covid-19
Provision of various courses (coding, mentoring, etc.) for Ukrainian refugees
Psycho-social assistance for children and young people via different chat platforms in Ukrainian language:
More than 70 Ukrainian and Russian-speaking, trained psychologists and psychotherapists work for “krisenchat” and offer children and young people up to 25 years of age low-threshold counseling services via WhatsApp, Telegram and SMS. Thanks to digital access, the service is available to people fleeing the war regardless of their locations and is also used by young people who are still in Ukraine. The demand continues to be at a very high level.
Provision of food and hygiene supplies for refugees via local Tafel organizations
Accommodation of animals from Ukrainian zoos
Accommodation of animals from Ukrainian zoos
Supported initiatives in Poland
To provide important living space for Ukrainian refugees, Siemens has opened a refugee center on the grounds of its company headquarters in Warsaw, Poland. A variety of accommodations – ranging from rooms for families and for childcare all the way to sanitary facilities – have been set up on about 2,600 square meters of floor space. The renovating and remodeling work has been supported by Siemens Caring Hands e.V.
You can find further information here.
- Ad-hoc humanitarian aid for people crossing Ukrainian-Polish border crossing points
- Purchase of goods to be provided to refugees
- Providing long-term and short-term accommodation for refugees
- Providing support in integration, social and legal issues as well as psychological support
- Providing Polish courses for adults and children
- Evacuation of civilians from Eastern Ukraine
- Offer of medical response and humanitarian aid to Ukrainian refugees
- Support of refugees in Poland through financial support and later through an employment program for refugees
Supported initiatives in Bulgaria
Provision of food, hygiene kits and other goods of daily use to support newly arrived refugees
Support for refugees in the form of in-kind donations and financial assistance
Reception, settlement and assistance of Ukrainian refugees in Bulgaria
Supporting Ukrainian refugees in Bulgaria with medicine, food, clothing and education
Humanitarian aid for refugees as well as support of social children’s centers for the integration of refugee children
Supported initiatives in Austria
Emergency aid and support for affected people with emergency shelters, food, drinking water, hygiene kits, sleeping bags and mats, as well as psycho-social assistance
Emergency aid in the form of relief supplies, emergency shelters and psychological support for people in the Ukraine and in neighboring countries
Supported initiatives in Romania
Provision of food and hygiene kits for refugees as well as language courses
Accommodation for refugees (incl. food, basic equipment, medical care)
Accommodation of refugees in SOS Family Villages and provision of food, hygiene kits, other goods of daily use, as well as social and psychological support
Supported initiatives in Hungary
Humanitarian aid in four main fields of intervention to support the immediate needs of Internally Displaced People (“IDPs”) in Western Ukraine (Llviv and Berehove) and refugees arriving to Hungary.
Activities in Ukraine:
- Ensuring food supply
- Provision of household / non-food items
- Provision of water, sanitation and hygiene supplies
Activities in Hungary:
- Accomodation for refugees in Debrecen, Miskolc and Budapest
- Provision of food and hygiene supplies
Humanitarian aid for victims in Ukraine as well as support for refugees at the borders and in Hungary with food, hygiene-kits, medical care and psycho-social assistance
Supported initiatives in Slovakia
Support for organizations that help refugees from Ukraine in Slovakia, e.g.:
Milan Dubec Foundation:
- Short-term and long-term accommodation (with a capacity of more than 200 beds)
- Provision of food, hygiene supplies, daily necessities
- Humanitarian aid in Ukraine
- Provision of needed supplies to Kiew
Various activities to support immediate and long-term integration of people coming from Ukraine: free courses of Slovak language for adults & students, social assistance, seminars, community events etc.
Humanitarian assistance to affected families:
- In the Zakarpatia region (Ukraine): Provision of food, beds, mattresses, bed sheets, hygienic needs
- In Slovakia: Psychological and social assistance to refugees to ease their integration into the Slovak society