Data Privacy Notice
Siemens Caring Hands e.V., Werner-von-Siemens-Straße 1, 80333 Munich, Germany (“SCH“) respects your privacy in handling personal data relating to your usage of the website www.siemens-caring-hands.org. This Privacy Notice covers how SCH collects, processes, discloses and transfers your personal data and describes your related rights.
Categories of personal data processed, purpose of the processing and legal basis
SCH may process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Personal data that you actively and voluntarily provide via the website;
- Payment data for donations (name, amount, purpose); and
- Information that is automatically sent to us by your web browser or device, such as your IP-address, device type, browser type, referring site, sides accessed during your visit, the date and time of each visitor request.
SCH may process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To offer the website’s services and functions and to administer your use of the website;
- To process donations;
- To answer and fulfill your specific requests;
- To comply with tax law record-keeping obligations.
The legal basis for SCH processing data about you is that such processing is necessary for the purposes of:
- SCH exercising its rights and performing its obligations in connection with any contract we make with you (Article 6 (1) (b) General Data Protection Regulation),
- compliance with SCH’ legal obligations (Article 6 (1) (c) General Data Protection Regulation), and/or
- legitimate interests pursued by SCH (Article 6 (1) (f) General Data Protection Regulation). Generally, the legitimate interest pursued by SCH in relation to our use of your personal data is the efficient performance or management of your use of our services and offerings.
In some cases, we may ask if you consent to the relevant use of your personal data. In such cases, the legal basis for SCH processing that personal data is that you have consented (Article 6 (1) (a) General Data Protection Regulation).
This Privacy Notice does not apply to websites or applications offered and operated by third parties. We may provide links to other websites or applications which may be of interest to you. Any link to an external website or application is marked as such. SCH is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of external websites or applications.
Transfer and disclosure of personal data
For the purposes mentioned above, SCH may transfer or disclose your personal data to the following recipients:
- If legally permitted to do so, SCH may transfer personal data to courts, law enforcement authorities, regulators or attorneys if necessary, to comply with the law or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
Payment service provider
We integrate payment services from third-party companies on our website. The terms and conditions and privacy notices of the respective payment service providers apply to the payment transactions, which can be accessed within the respective websites or transaction applications.
Unless explicitly indicated otherwise at the time of the collection of personal data (e.g. within a consent form accepted by you), we erase personal data if the retention of the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed and no statutory retention obligations under applicable law (such as tax or commercial law) require us to further retain personal data.
Right to withdraw consent
In case you declared your consent for the processing of certain personal data by SCH, you have the right to withdraw the consent at any time with future effect, i.e. the withdrawal of the consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on the consent before its withdrawal. In case consent is withdrawn, SCH may only further process the personal data where there is another legal ground for the processing.
Right of access to and rectification or erasure of personal data, restriction of processing, right to object to processing and right to data portability
Under applicable data protection law you may – provided that the relevant legal requirements are met – have the right to:
- Obtain from SCH confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed, and where that is the case, access to the personal data;
- Obtain from SCH the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you;
- Obtain from SCH the erasure of your personal data;
- Obtain from SCH restriction of processing regarding your personal data;
- Data portability concerning personal data, which you actively provided; and
- Object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to processing of personal data concerning you.
Right of complaint to a supervisory authority
In addition, you have the right to file a complaint with the responsible data protection authority.
The contact details of the Bavarian State Office for Data Protection Supervision (BayLDA) can be found here.
Data Privacy Contact
The GDPR responsible is:
Siemens Caring Hands e.V.
Register of associations: Amtsgericht München, VR 17499
Prof. Dr. Christian Kaeser
Prof. Dr. Stefan Frucht